Friday, November 6, 2015

Comic Book Review - Constantine The Hellblazer #4 - DC Comics

Written by: Ming Doyle &James Tynion IV
Art by: Vanessa Del Rey & Chris Visions

John Constantine is drunk.  Really drunk.  He spends time within this comic book in a state of self-loathing due to the pain he has caused.  Flashbacks show his relationship with Georgie and his former lover Veronica.  By the end of the book, he calls out the ghost killer and something Constantine did not expect is revealed.

As stated in the synopsis, this is a very self-loathing version of John Constantine. Walking the streets, going to many of his past haunts(unintentional pun but I'll take it), and being the jerk he knows he can be.  We are given more flashbacks and you see why Constantine is drinking away his past regressions.  He feels responsible for the hurt in his friends' lives and also feels responsible for there demise as well.

There is a reveal at the end that pulls this story together.  I'd like to type more but I have issue number five waiting for me to read so I'm going to get to it!

Please leave your comments and let me know if you're reading this series and if you are enjoying it as well.

You can read more of my blogs here on Maskerpiece Theatre and also on CinemaHeadCheese.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment