Monday, November 9, 2015

Comic Book Review - Darth Vader #10 - Marvel Comics

Written by: Kieron Gillen
Art by: Salvador Larroca

Darth Vader continues to keep the secrets of his dealings outside of the Galactic Empire from Inspector Thanoth.  Aphra, along with droids BT and 000 look to get information about whether Queen Amidala was, in fact, pregnant when she died.

This book series takes place between my two favorite Star Wars movies, "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back."  You really get a sense of Darth Vader's true motives.  You see that he senses that the boy that blew up the Death Star could be his son.

Aphra has been a surprise character in the Star Wars universe.  She was introduced earlier in this series and she continues to play an integral part in Darth Vader's schemes and cover ups.  The droids in this series are also a sadistic delight.  They're reminiscent of evil versions of C-3PO and R2D2.  These droids take pleasure in causing pain and ending lives.

I'll throw out one complaint as it was noticed in this book.  I hate when science fiction films, comics, novels and otherwise that have no connection to the planet Earth; yet use Earth units of time.  I'll go ahead and but the units of distance being used but time?  The twelve month measurement is based on the Earth going around the sun if I'm not mistaken.  Why would someone, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, breaking in to a safe on Anthan Prime use a measurement used on Earth.  Worse yet, why do I care so much?

Okay, now that I'm off that tangent, Darth Vader #10 was great.  It's awesome what Marvel is doing with the Star Wars comic books.  I'm just hoping they keep them at $3.99 or less.  I've been staying away from some Marvel titles as they're becoming a bit outrageous with they're prices.

Let me know what you think of the Darth Vader comic book in the comments section below.

You can read more of my blogs here on Maskerpiece Theatre and also on CinemaHeadCheese.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment