Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Binge Watcher Review: A Very Murray Christmas


A Very Murray Christmas
Starring: 
Bill Murray, George Clooney, Miley Cyrus, Paul Shaffer, Amy Poehler, Chris Rock, Michael Cera

The Good:
Well to start with this Netflix Special stars Bill Murray. This automatically should require everyone to instantly watch, especially if you like classic Murray. The additions of both Clooney and Cyrus where great….I know I am just as surprised I am giving Miley Cyrus praise. 

The Bad: 
Unfortunately this Netflix Special was lacking in pop, It definitely was missing something to put it over the top. Maybe it was the writing or maybe just the wrong cameo’s. George Clooney was excellent but Chris Rock was just ok, I am also just over the casting of Michael Cera in just about anything. 

Finally Thoughts:
This was a good special, I wouldn’t say great but it was good. Since its just a special and it is Christmas time its worth the watch. Now I acknowledge that I myself will always have a special place in my heart for anything Murray does. Most of the classics I still watch he starred in. If the show just consisted of just Clooney, Cyrus, Jenny Lewis, and Murray singing with Paul Shaffer on piano it may have been great. Unfortunately the additions of the rest of the cast really dumbed down the special. Highlight of the Show had to be the duet of Murray and Lewis singing “Baby It’s Cold Outside”

I give this Netflix Special One Thumbs Up. It’s Definitely worth the time if your in the Christmas Spirit. Let us know what your thoughts were, Leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment